CSGO STRATS AND STUFF
Quote this message in a reply
#1 - CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sat, Dec 20th, 2014 01:34 AM
Tetchro Offline
Chicken

OKAY. Alex and I have done some talking about trying to get us organized as a team, and I think we both agree that being on the same page regarding map callouts is a great first step. We decided to focus on 3 maps: nuke, inferno, and cobblestone. Not dust2. We suck ass at dust2.

Obviously, please let me know if you have better ideas for names! We have to start somewhere, right?

MAP CALLOUTS

Nuke
[Image: nuke.jpg]
Pretty simple, and a map we're all pretty intimate with. I'm using a premade map above because it was challenging to find a map with both the A and B site separate. Things to note, however:
  • Lobby, control, and radio
  • Squeaky (the door leading to bombsite A)
  • Mini: I have always called this the "shed"... is this (shed) okay with everyone?
  • Ramp room: close eight, yellow, big box, headshot (or back) box
  • Hut: this is the small room inside the bombsite A room

Inferno
[Image: inferno.png]
I labelled this map myself. Hopefully I didn't miss anything/much (let me know?), but these terms seem to be pretty decent!
[edit] I should have labelled this, but the apartments right next to bombsite A (NOT street or mid apartments), are called just "APARTMENTS". But I think we all know that! lol.
Also, let's be honest. If you called the sewer the "chicken tunnel", we'd all know what you're talking about lol.

Cbble (because Cobblestone sounds weird to me and I will never accept it)
[Image: cbble.png]
This one Alex and I didn't have too many suggestions. There are some stupid names - like Mid Plat (mid plateau?) and bench and flowers that we'll likely never use (well, maybe we'll use mid plataeu), but things like Long A, sidewalk, Hut (bombsite B) and balcony (bombsite A) are all good ones to remember! The only change that we really thought about was calling the "Ladder Room" the sewer (since it's now full of water). "Danger", the staircase connecting "Sewer" and "Long A", can be called "Sewer Stairs", which makes sense I think! Everything else seems fairly straightforward.

Dust2
[Image: dust21.jpg]
I am including dust2 because Alex was confused with our terminology during the game, and we (Cab/Socks/Colby/Me) were sort of inconsistent with our map calls (I think we forgot about Catwalk, instead calling it short A. At least I certainly did!). Some ones to note are "Xbox", the big box outside double doors, "goose", "pizza" and "ninja" at bombsite A, and the "pit" in long A (since I'm not sure what we've called it in the past!)

Images from here! It has all the maps labelled. Pretty cool. You can also get unlabelled maps on the CS:GO wiki (thanks to Alex for pointing that out).
(This post was last modified: Sun, Dec 21st, 2014 12:26 AM by Tetchro.)
#2 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sat, Dec 20th, 2014 01:18 PM
Tetchro Offline
Chicken

Here is another good resource both Cab and Alex shared with me.

CS:GO Weapon Recoil Compensation
#3 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sat, Dec 20th, 2014 04:00 PM
Cheese Offline
Scumbag

I already have a related video up:

But I've said it already: aiming isn't something we're truly struggling with. If we start doing more and more of the right things, the frags will follow naturally. Knowing the angles and common locations to encounter enemies on the map is going to do a lot more.

[Image: 76561197971959100.png]
#4 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sun, Dec 21st, 2014 12:20 AM
Tetchro Offline
Chicken

Yeah I agree. All of us are capable of killing.

... that sounds awful. lol.

What we need to focus on is communication. We need to be able to relay messages to each other that make sense and are easy to understand, and we also need to be on the same page regarding buying. Doing mixed buys isn't good, we need to be on the same page and keep our banks roughly even. WE ALSO NEED TO START BUYING ARMOUR MORE OFTEN. ahem. :D lol. It's not uncommon for a team to "eco" two rounds in a row, for example, when nobody buys anything at all (or, if the banks are slightly skewed, certain members can buy nades or kits, occasionally a better pistol, etc.). Having 4 dudes with pistols and one guy with an awp just doesn't make any sense. Having 4 dudes armoured and naded up with AKs and an armoured awper does! We can protect the awp that way! Just a silly example.

Another thing we may want to try is having one dedicated bomber. Every round the bomb is given to that one guy. I saw a couple of teams at dreamhack do this, but certainly not all. I have a lot of ideas stratwise I want to try regarding inferno that I'm really excited about! CAB MAKE SURE YOU CAN STILL DO THE 2ND!!!!!!! <333

Also - the only reason train isn't listed above is because it's a bit new and there's not a lot of resources out there that I've found yet. I like train!
(This post was last modified: Sun, Dec 21st, 2014 12:21 AM by Tetchro.)
#5 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sun, Dec 21st, 2014 01:03 AM
caleb Offline
Gasfella

Hahahaha that does sound awful :p

True though, we don't need to worry about that like you both are saying. Working together more and learning the calls are what is most important. I also think I like your bomber idea.

YES the 2nd works for me. I will be done work at 5, and can be at your place by 6. We should invest in some energy drinks or something lol.
#6 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Tue, Dec 23rd, 2014 09:59 PM
Tetchro Offline
Chicken

I'm not really sure if the bomber idea will work for us, but there's only one way to find out, right? We'll do some experimenting!

AWESOME! :D RIGHT ON!!!!!! I look forward to seeing you Cab <333 :D

Alex seems to think the 2nd is doable too, so we should all be all set! :D
#7 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 01:37 AM
caleb Offline
Gasfella

So on the subject of CS:GO... I've been playing with some friends from work for a little while now, one problem I'm running into is if you are unranked, (which you are if you have not won 10 competitive matches) you can only win 2 matches every 21 hours. After 2 wins you get a cooldown. Fucking bullshit lol.

So what I'm getting at here is that we should all try and play a comp match whenever possible... or at least when any of us are online together and have some free time, we should try and play a match or 3. Otherwise when we lan we will be restricted to 2 wins and then it's game over for competitive.

I'm having a blast otherwise :p
#8 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 03:42 PM
tehsocks Offline
Gasfella

we need to set up a night and time every week to play
#9 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 10:15 PM
caleb Offline
Gasfella

I'm down for that. What days work for everyone
#10 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 11:53 AM
tehsocks Offline
Gasfella

im pretty open.
#11 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Tue, Feb 10th, 2015 04:41 AM
caleb Offline
Gasfella

Me too. I have been playing most nights anyway's so I'm down to play whenever really lol. You guys gotta get ranked though. I'm already having troubles playing with friends who are higher ranked than me. Kind of annoying, but I still like the way the ranking system works. I have yet to de-rank for playing like shit, but I'm sure the time will come...
#12 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Tue, Feb 10th, 2015 09:28 PM
Tetchro Offline
Chicken

I'm nearly always busy sunday/tuesday/wednesday nights. other than that work gets in the way occasionally but should be mostly free.
#13 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Tue, Feb 10th, 2015 09:38 PM
Cheese Offline
Scumbag

Right now I feel like I have no free time, but I might be able to do something in the evening in the middle of the week (wed/thurs) or on Saturdays.

[Image: 76561197971959100.png]
#14 - RE: CSGO STRATS AND STUFF on Wed, Feb 11th, 2015 03:33 PM
caleb Offline
Gasfella

Well how about, the days you guys say you're free, you just start jumping on the computer. Odds are I'll be available, and it sounds like socks will be too. I have this terrible habit of jumping on CS at like 10 or 11 after work and playing until 3am. Even if I work at 6 the following morning.... so I'll probably be on lol.